Announcements and Important Events
We are pleased to announce that we will be allowing home parents to attend extracurricular events as spectators at our facilities. Due to guidance from the PIAA, Governor Wolf’s office, and the PA legislature, our guidance has changed drastically since interscholastic athletics were given permission to resume in June. It is a privilege to be able to watch our students participate in interscholastic athletics and extracurricular activities. We will need strict adherence to our directives to create a safe and healthy environment and reinforce the Culture of Caring we have strived to cultivate.
Any deviation from our expectations could result in the privilege to allow home spectators to be curtailed. Please follow all the aforementioned protocol so two parents may watch their children compete, play, and perform. We hope you enjoy the remainder of the fall season.
Mr. Sean M. Richmond R.A.A.
Director of Athletics & Student Activities
Attendance will be contingent upon adherence to the following policies
- Spectator passes are required for entry to our gymnasiums and stadiums.
- 2 Spectator passes will be provided for each team member.
- For events in higher attended venues or indoor events, temperature checks will be taken at the door and a waiver must be signed for entry.
- Masks are to be worn at all times on district premises. Entry will be denied without a mask and noncompliant individuals will be asked to vacate premises.
- Social distancing is to be maintained at all times.
- Stadiums and gymnasiums will have clearly marked pods of two for parents in the same household.
- Spectators must be seated at all times and are not to congregate in any areas.
- Bleachers will be dismissed by sections to maintain order and social distancing.
- No congregations in common areas. Please vacate premises and go to vehicle after conclusion of contests.
- Concessions will not be sold.
SASD greatly appreciates parental support as we reinforce our culture of caring to protect the health and safety of our students and community.